[FM Discuss] Fw: Thunderbird Floss Manual - tasks and status

John Curwood marketing at lovinglearning.co.nz
Mon Nov 15 13:39:58 PST 2010

With the publish button is pressed, an HTML version of the book is
created, which can then be linked to from the FM front page.

The link will need to be manually created by one of the FM admins once
the manual is published (To see what the manual will look like, visit
any of the manuals that are linked from the front page). When you
publish the manual only chapters that have been added to the Table of
Contents using the "arrange manual index" tool will be published. So, if
you have most chapters ready for publishing but a couple that need a lot
of work before being ready for publishing, but you want to publish the
book now, click and drag the unfinished chapter into the left hand
column in the 'arrange manual index' tool and when you click publish
that particular chapter wont get published.

Once published you can keep modifying the manual without worrying that
the published version will get changed and then when enough changes have
been made you can click the publish button again to update the HTML
manual with the changes you have made.

If that isn't clear, which reading over it now it may not be, or you
have any other questions then just ask the list.

Cheers,

John