[FM Discuss] Does FLOSS Manuals hurt other doc efforts?

Adam Feuer adamf at pobox.com
Wed Nov 17 11:59:04 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Scott Nesbitt <nesbitt.scott at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, what are your thoughts on this? Does FLOSS Manuals hurt, hinder, or put
> into the shade other documentation efforts? Or are we one big ecosystem,
> living in something akin to symbiosis (or commensalism)? Let's get some
> discussion going!

Folks,

For the Mifos project (http://mifos.com / http://mifos.org) FLOSS
Manuals _is_ our official documentation.

Without FM, we wouldn't be able to ship a high-quality, translated
manual in any reasonable amount of time and money. With FM - we did,
and are currently translating the work into even more languages.

-adam
--
Adam Feuer <adamf at pobox dot com>