[FM Discuss] Issues with migration to booki.flossmanuals.net

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 29 01:58:03 PST 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 14:10 -0600, James Simmons wrote:
> I have migrated my two books to booki.flossmanuals.net.  In the
> process I have uncovered some issues:
>
> 1).  When you import a book it gives the book the name that you use in
> the Table of Contents.  This is something I wish I knew before I did
> the import!  I was able to give Make Your Own Sugar Activities! a
> correct name, but E-Book Enlightenment is now known as An E-Book
> Revolution (a title I was using for awhile, until everyone started
> liking cover art that didn't go with it) and there is no way to change
> it.

there is no way t change it yet, true. for the meantime tell em what it
should be called and i can change it.

> 2).  The links for images in the imported books might be wrong.  The
> images have links like this:

thanks. i will ask aco and doug about it

> /an-e-book-revolution/_v/1.0/static/ReadingandSugar-enlightenment-en.png
>
> I believe there will be problems with exporting the books unless the
> links are changed to something like:
>
> static/ReadingandSugar-enlightenment-en.png
>
> 3).  For the page template used to display the book pages, the
> stylesheet has the center of the page less than 600 pixels wide.
> Since the usual size for images in manuals is 600 pixels wide, this
> means the images bleed over into the right hand side of the page.  On
> one of the increasingly common widescreen monitors the right hand side
> of the page is almost half the available width and contains nothing
> but a cross-hatch background.  Really the right side of the page
> should be a fixed width and the center should expand to make the best
> use of screen real estate.  You could also argue that the right side
> could be eliminated entirely, since it contains no content.

yes, we are undergoing a reshaping of booki interface in the next
months. screen width is one issue we have identified that needs
addressing. also the image sizing

iin the meantime you could add these as tickets under the milestone
'interface and workflow'

http://booki-dev.flossmanuals.net

adam