[FM Discuss] RF(m)C - Bypass Internet Censorship

Andrew Thornton secretelf77 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 19:19:27 PST 2011

Hello
        I gave a talk last year at Melbourne [Australia] Software Freedom
Day on "being anonymous on the internet". I talked about Tor, I2P and
alternative search engines as methods of internet privacy.

        So far I have skimmed through the manual. I have to say that it is
very good. I have some ideas for improvement. Let me read through the manual
again. I gather that there is a limit to how advanced the manual can get. In
my talk I mentioned panopticlick and browser fingerprinting as ways of
identifying you as an internet user. Thus I recommded some firefox add ons
such as noscript, ghostery and adblock plus. But that might all be a bit too
advanced for a manual that's aimed at generic audiences. I2P is probably too
advanced as well.

        Is there any time limit to how long I have to comment? Are you
rushing this edition out in a week?

        Great to find this though! I have never worked on a flossmanual
before; most manuals are about areas that I don't know a lot about.

          Andrew