[FM Discuss] More censorship in Iran

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 20:01:09 PST 2011

Has anyone here talked to Al Jazeera about the Farsi and Arabic
editions of the Circumvention manual?

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/02/2011212162526150718.html

Iran's opposition planning protests

Protesters, including university students, truck drivers and gold
merchants are said to be organising marches across the country under
the umbrella of the country's Green Movement, apparently inspired by
recents demonstrations in Egypt and Tunisia.

While the government says that 50 million people turned up for the
32nd anniversary of the revolution, which, on the Iranian calender,
takes place on the 22nd day of the month of Bahman, those numbers are
disputed by some independent media.

On the back of the toppling of Hosni Mubarak, the Egyptian president,
on Friday, some Iranian officials have suggested parallels between the
February 11, 1979 departure of Iran's shah and Mubarak's ousting.

While it remains to be seen if Monday's protests materialise, there
are reports that at least 14 activists have been arrested in recent
days...

The state has also engaged in jamming satellite signals and has
blocked the word "Bahman" from search engines.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/