[FM Discuss] localisations status update (Re: subdomains for booki?)

Tuukka Hastrup Tuukka.Hastrup at iki.fi
Wed Feb 23 06:16:13 PST 2011

adam wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 10:46 +0200, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
>> 3. A path under the main domain of the language as in
>> fi.flossmanuals.net/booki. This requires using my script-name patches
>> for Booki.

An update regarding the status of my patches: Aco has already merged my
branch of the Booki code to the official version! This means now

1) Booki can be installed in a subdirectory on a domain.

2) Booki code can be installed and configured in separate locations on
the server (normal Django convention for the settings.py files).

3) The user interface of Booki can be translated in languages other than
English.

Regarding localisations: We hope to migrate fi.flossmanuals.net to using
the translated Booki in a minisprint by Aco and me in Zagreb during the
weekend, right before the project deadline on Monday. After that, we
know what it takes and can continue with more languages.

> i actually like this but having it as:
> http://fi.flossmanuals.net/write
>
> this is the way it worked pre-booki and seemed fine...what do u think?

Sounds good, and we can translate it as /kirjoita /skriv /escribi etc.