[FM Discuss] please when u want help do it nicely

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 11:12:43 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 13:47, adam <adam at xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm sorry if this is referring to my emails.  I didn't mean to cause
>> offense...
>
> hehe. ah man., no Mick it wasnt referring to you. You are pretty cool
> when u ask for stuff. I knew I ran the risk of people thinking this was
> directed at them when it wasnt. Sorry for that.
>
> I refer really to the growing list of requests I get that are off-list
> which come to me with demands to keep up with the timelines of their
> orgs. There is more and more of them, and I really dont enjoy being
> scheduled into someone elses release cycle like I am an employee of
> their org.

Don't we have project admins for that? Don't we tell these groups to
appoint one of their own to administer their projects, and learn from
us how to do it? Sounds like an FAQ item, or maybe we need a page that
explains who can help with what. Perhaps borrowing from, say, the
Debian package maintainers' guide.

Perhaps, Adam, you should just forward those e-mails to the list and
see who steps up to deal with them.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/