[FM Discuss] thoughts on Open Attribute?

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 22:50:51 PST 2011

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 03:05, adam hyde <adam at flossmanuals.net> wrote:
> hi everyone,
>
> anyone got any thoughts on this:
> https://www.drumbeat.org/en-US/projects/open-attribute/
>
> I like the idea and more and more i believe attribution is important
> (not necessarily for credit but for finding the source), but i dont
> believe its 'super simple' as they suggest.

I think it depends on where the content comes from and how the license
and attribution have been modeled...I presume what they are talking
about is something like this?

http://boingboing.net/2010/03/28/lazyweb-streamline-f.html

http://boingboing.net/2010/09/08/updated-flickr-attri.html

Seems reasonable and simple enough to me. Until, of course, I take
<content> that Adam took and post that <content> as mine and then post
it to <excitable web forum of choice> and then I get famous and Adam
get's poorer.

So, simple in some ways, not in others.

cheers
L.

--
Crunchiness is the gustatory sensation of muffled grinding of a
foodstuff. Crunchiness differs from crispiness in that a crispy item