[FM Discuss] some wishes ...

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 15:44:41 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 21:54, adam <adam at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 11:39 +0100, joachim heintz wrote:
>> hi adam and all -
>>
>> i still have some new years wishes and questions. here they are:
>>
>> 1. any progress with the formula issue?
>> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/csound/_v/1.0/c-intensities/ still looks
>> very sad, and so is the writer :((
>
> no sorry. we have a lot to do at the moment and this is not yet floating
> at the top of the list. If anyone can look at the xinha editor:
> http://xinha.webfactional.com/
>
> and tell us how it should work then maybe we can sort it quicker

I know I weighed in on this, and I'm sorry I've not had a chance to
get back to it - this time of year is insane, it turns out :)
L.
>> 2. what about putting the "Audio Editing" and the "Signal Processing"
>> group together to an "Audio" group?
>
> i thought about that except that its a little misleading in that pure
> data, for example, isnt just about audio...any thoughts on that?
>
>> 3. for the Csound manual, we would appreciate very much being able to
>> upload .csd files (these are plain text files actually) and small audio
>> files (the size limitation could perhaps be the same as for image files).
>
> can u find somewhere online and upload them? for now this is one of many
> may things we want to do but overloaded at the moment
>
>> 4. in the old fm, we had folders for the chapter, and then we uploaded
>> the images there. is there a similar possibility on the new platform? i
>> don't see it, and i am afraid things will become rather messy if the
>> text grows.
>
> hmmm. good point..i will ask aco
>
> adam
>

>> thanks, and all best for the new year -
>>
>>       joachim

"... imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an
interesting world I find myself in - an interesting hole I find myself
in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me
staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such
a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up
and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still
frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be
alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to
have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by
surprise."
Douglas Adams