[FM Discuss] some wishes ...

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 10:25:46 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 18:44, Lachlan Musicman <datakid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 21:54, adam <adam at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 11:39 +0100, joachim heintz wrote:
>>> hi adam and all -
>>>
>>> i still have some new years wishes and questions. here they are:
>>>
>>> 1. any progress with the formula issue?
>>> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/csound/_v/1.0/c-intensities/ still looks
>>> very sad, and so is the writer :((

Me, too. I'm planning all sorts of math, science, and technology stuff.

>> no sorry. we have a lot to do at the moment and this is not yet floating
>> at the top of the list. If anyone can look at the xinha editor:
>> http://xinha.webfactional.com/
>>
>> and tell us how it should work then maybe we can sort it quicker

I would be happy to. What are the questions to be answered?

> I know I weighed in on this, and I'm sorry I've not had a chance to
> get back to it - this time of year is insane, it turns out :)
> L.
>>> 2. what about putting the "Audio Editing" and the "Signal Processing"
>>> group together to an "Audio" group?
>>
>> i thought about that except that its a little misleading in that pure
>> data, for example, isnt just about audio...any thoughts on that?
>>
>>> 3. for the Csound manual, we would appreciate very much being able to
>>> upload .csd files (these are plain text files actually) and small audio
>>> files (the size limitation could perhaps be the same as for image files).
>>
>> can u find somewhere online and upload them? for now this is one of many
>> may things we want to do but overloaded at the moment
>>
>>> 4. in the old fm, we had folders for the chapter, and then we uploaded
>>> the images there. is there a similar possibility on the new platform? i
>>> don't see it, and i am afraid things will become rather messy if the
>>> text grows.
>>
>> hmmm. good point..i will ask aco

Is there a way to embed applets in the chapters, other than in
Javascript? Can we get Javascript to call Python or Smalltalk? We need
interactive models, not just graphs and photos.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/