[FM Discuss] starting a manual ...

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Tue Jan 4 21:07:58 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

I think that this particular project should be in a category such as
"net art" or "web". I think that creating a category such as "digital"
might cause jealousy and confusion. I would not, personally, create
art with Adobe Flash.

2011/1/4 James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com>:
> It looks like you can add your own manuals to as many Groups as you
> like.  For instance, we could have an "Education" group and put my
> OLPC books in there too, or a "Python" group and put "Make Your Own
> Sugar Activities!" in there too.  Maybe a "Publishing" group and put
> the Booki manual plus my own "E-Book Enlightenment" and quite a few
> others as well.

Let's look how Debian does it. http://packages.debian.org/stable/

Each package can only be in one section. This avoids confusion and
requires more thinking from the packager. In which category would this
package be the most easily found?

In Debian, such a project would be in the "non-free" repositories
(since it uses Adobe Flash) in the "Web Software" section.

My two cents.
Best,
--
Alexandre Quessy