[FM Discuss] Xinha editor for math

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 17:48:50 PST 2011

I entered some math in Xinha, and got this HTML as a result. Note that
several of the expressions and equations I entered disappeared,
leaving only "<span class="AM"></span>". On returning to the editor,
most of the math was damaged and unusable. My conclusion is that this
is unsuitable for production work, and we would have to start over to
make something usable.

HTML

span.AM >> span.AM</p>

in it. I have to select the whole line and cut.</p>

title="∫abf'(x)dx=f(b)-f(a)"
class="AM">∫abf'(x)dx=f(b)-f(a)</span> ">

left-hand pane to one character width. Edits in the one-character-wide
column are difficult to do, and may or may not work.</p>

Spacing around = is unequal.<br /></p>

small cap.</p>

Preview

Notes on Xinha, with sample expressions and equations

Blank line above is formatted Path: body >> p >> span.AM >> span.AM

 It cannot be erased with delete or backspace. I cannot type in it. I
have to select the whole line and cut.

Prime should be italic.

Too easy to damage math, for example by copying and pasting.

∫abf'(x)dx=f(b)-f(a)

Cannot re-edit math. Right-hand pane expands and compresses left-hand
pane to one character width. Edits in the one-character-wide column
are difficult to do, and may or may not work.

Square root sign is too high. Spacing between ln and x is too thin.
Spacing around = is unequal.

Wrong symbol. We want lower case, not small cap.

Cancel button does not exit from formula editor. Erase and accept, or
click x button at top right.

OK.

`(del^2 u)/(del t^2) = c^2 Delta u`

del sign is too small.

Spacing between exponent and u is too wide.

Spacing between lines is erratic.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/