[FM Discuss] Announcing the availability of "SchoolOS Digital Library" v1.0

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 22:10:06 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 14:13, Narendra Sisodiya
<narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 13:59, Narendra Sisodiya
>> <narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks, now looking for into it.
>>> I am basically looking for "Filtering Project Gutenberg"...
>>
>> That's good for pre-1920 literature, but not for textbooks and not for
>> sciences and math in general.
>
> Filtering means what is good for school education.
> 0) I know project gutenberg. I do not know other site from where I can
> take ebook for school education.
> 1) On project Gutenberg, I can see some novel and good picture book
> child. I can atleast add them.
>

>> Would your group be interested in Sanskrit Buddhist literature? Evam
>> maya srutam: Ekasmin samaye Bhagavan Rajagrhe viharati sma...
>
> well there is no group till now, one man activities, always open for
> support and making teams

I would like to join you and bring together more of the available
textbooks. Here are more links for you to try.

http://www.clrn.org/home/about.cfm
California Learning Resource Network

http://www.clrn.org/fdti/
Free Digital Textbook Initiative

We would have to go through the materials and determine which are
under Creative Commons or other licenses permitting redistribution.

Phase Three Results

History-Social Science
Principals of American Democracy
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill	American Government Online	39 of 52
Principals of Economics
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill	Economics: Principles and Practices	30 of 30
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill	Connect Plus McConnell Economics	TBA
Teachers' Curriculum Institute	Econ Alive! The Power to Choose	29 of 30
US History & Geography
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill	United States History I Online	11 of 73
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill	United States History II Online	62 of 73
Mathematics
Advanced Probability and Statistics
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Advanced Probability and Statistics, Second
Edition	19 of 19
Calculus
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Calculus	32 of 32
Science
Biology / Life Sciences
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Biology	67 of 67
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Biology I Honors	67 of 67
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill	Connect Plus Mader Biology	64 of 67
Glencoe/McGraw-Hill	Glencoe California Biology Online	61 of 67
Chemistry
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Chemistry, Second Edition	73 of 73
Earth Science
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 High School Earth Science	45 of 46

Phase Two Results

History-Social Science
US History & Geography
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
U.S. Department of State,
Bureau of International
Information Programs	Outline of U.S. History	68 of 73
Mathematics
Calculus
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
Paul Dawkins	Calculus	31 of 32
Linear Algebra
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
Robert Beezer	A First Course in Linear Algebra	10 of 12
Paul Dawkins	Linear Algebra	12 of 12
Jim Hefferon	Linear Algebra	12 of 12
Probability and Statistics
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Probability and Statistics	8 of 8
Connexions	Collaborative Statistics	8 of 8
Laurie Snell	Introduction to Probability	7 of 8
Advanced Probability and Statistics
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Probability and Statistics	19 of 19
Connexions	Collaborative Statistics	19 of 19
Trigonometry
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
Michael Corral	Trigonometry	20 of 20
Science
Biology / Life Sciences
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Biology I (updated)	67 of 67
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Life Science (updated)	67 of 67
Chemistry
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
Connexions	Concept Development Studies in Chemistry	35 of 73
Earth Science
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Earth Science (updated)	46 of 46
Physics
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
Dr. Benjamin Crowell	Light and Matter (updated)	47 of 49
Motion Mountain	Motion Mountain - The Adventure of Physics	30 of 49

Phase One Results
Mathematics
Algebra II
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
Connexions	Advanced Algebra II	26 of 27
Calculus
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Single Variable Calculus	32 of 32
H. Jerome Keisler	Elementary Calculus: An Infinitesimal Approach	32 of 32
David Guichard	Calculus	31 of 32
Wellesley-Cambridge	Calculus	31 of 32
Geometry
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Geometry	21 of 22
Trigonometry
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Trigonometry	20 of 20
Science
Biology/Life Sciences
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Biology	63 of 67
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Life Science	61 of 67
Pearson Education	Biology	31 of 67
Chemistry
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Chemistry	73 of 73
Curriki	Open Source Chemistry Course	44 of 73
Earth Science
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
CK-12 Foundation	CK-12 Earth Science	38 of 46
Curriki	Earth Systems, an Earth Science Course	3 of 46
Hugues Goosse	Introduction to Climate Dynamics and Climate Modeling	13 of 46
Physics
Publisher	Title	Content Standards Met
Benjamin Crowell	Light and Matter	43 of 49

> Also, I am not looking for such material.

Then I won't bother you with that, or the Sikh, Hindu, Muslim or other
materials I know about. That will eventually be a different project.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/