[FM Discuss] [Booki-dev] Localisation of Booki

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 19:22:05 PST 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 01:48, Tomi Toivio <tomi at flossmanuals.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I should do the localization of the interface when we get that far.

All of it? :)

Do you mean Internationalisation or just the localisation into one language?

> And the Booki manual should be translated.
>
> Regards
> Tomi
>
> On 21.1.2011 16.41, "Tuukka Hastrup" <Tuukka.Hastrup at iki.fi> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> I've begun the development work needed for Booki localisations. I have
> the opportunity to work on this for a month funded by m-cult / the
> Finnish FLOSS Manuals.
>
> The first part is to prepare (internationalise) the Booki codebase. The
> second part is to implement a translation application comparable to the
> one in the old FLOSS Manuals system.
>

> Regards,
> Tuukka

"There are all kinds of pedants around with more time to read and
imitate Lynne Truss and John Humphrys than to write poems,
love-letters, novels and stories it seems. They whip out their
Sharpies and take away and add apostrophes from public signs, shake
their heads at prepositions which end sentences and mutter at split
infinitives and misspellings, but do they bubble and froth and slobber
and cream with joy at language? Do they ever let the tripping of the
tips of their tongues against the tops of their teeth transport them
to giddy euphoric bliss? Do they ever yoke impossible words together
for the sound-sex of it? Do they use language to seduce, charm,
excite, please, affirm and tickle those they talk to? Do they? I doubt
it. They’re too farting busy sneering at a greengrocer’s less than
perfect use of the apostrophe. Well sod them to Hades. They think
they’re guardians of language. They’re no more guardians of language
than the Kennel Club is the guardian of dogkind."
Stephen Fry