[FM Discuss] Fwd: Booki - linking to chapters, publishing versions, translations

Anna Helme anna at engagemedia.org
Wed Jan 26 21:12:53 PST 2011

Hey Adam,

I'm working on version 4.0 of the Plumi manual to coincide with version 4.0 of Plumi. A few quick Q's:

1. How do I link to chapters within the manual? I don't know how the
publishing of Booki works to Flossmanuals, or what the relationship is
there.

The existing links in the manual link to en.flossmanuals.net e.g.
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Plumi/SharingContent

Will these links work when it's published?

How can I link to a new chapter I've created?

The existing links in the manual that has been imported into Booki go to
http://en.flossmanuals.net/Plumi.

2. When it's published where will each version be published to, and where
will they be linked from? Will any version published via Booki replace the
existing version at http://en.flossmanuals.net/Plumi?

3. I want to have versions 3.0 and 4.0 publicly available when the
manual updates are complete. How do I make both these versions published?

4. How do I delete a chapter I've wrongly created?

5. How do translations work in Booki? We want to do an Indonesian translation of version 4.0.

Just to be clear, our outcomes for Plumi manual should be:

    * Plumi 3.x (English) - COMPLETE
    * Plumi 3.x (Indonesian) - COMPLETE
    * Plumi 4.x (English) - EDITING, NEARLY COMPLETE
    * Plumi 4.x (Indonesian) - YET TO CREATE/IMPORT/EDIT

We wish all these versions to be available, once complete, and preferably linked to in the FM directory of manuals.

Thanks,
Anna