[FM Discuss] booki and fm, book mobile at transmediale

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Fri Jan 28 12:48:05 PST 2011

i think Aco will be there too :)

http://www.transmediale.de/node/16706

Booki Workshop & Booki Mobile by and with Adam Hyde, FLOSS Manuals &
Booki
Start: 04.02.2011 12:00
End: 04.02.2011 15:00

Booki is a social network with the focus on making and publishing books.
The platform helps users to write and publish books and to collaborate
with others around the world to write books collectively in events such
as Book Sprints. Book Sprints bring together people in real-space to
create a book in a matter 5 days or less.

In the lead up to transmediale.10, and also now before transmediale.11,
Adam Hyde facilitated such Book Sprints in Berlin, producing the
publications Collaborative Futures (2010) and An Open Web (2011). This
newest Booki achievement will be available in print and binding for
purchase at the festival and can otherwise also be downloaded and edited
(!) at http://booki.flossmanuals.net/an-open-web.

The Booki Mobile – a mobile print lab in a van – is the latest step in
the development and will be at transmediale.11 from 1–6 February, here
you can make real printed copies of your books. Adam Hyde, one of the
creators of Booki, will be hosting a workshop where you can learn more
about Booki.

Open Zone, Response:Activities - Workstation

--
vote for booki in the Open Web Awards!

Booki (the latest FM project - http://www.booki.cc - a collaborative
publishing platform) is in the final of the Open Web Awards.
Great! We are 1 of 3 projects. If we win we get 5000 which we will use
to do a code sprint on a tropical island somewhere ;)

please please please register :
http://www.drumbeat.org/user/register

and vote for us by visiting this page and clicking on the 'vote' link (top right):
http://www.drumbeat.org/project/open-web-publishing

and pass this around!!!! :)

Adam Hyde
Founder FLOSS Manuals &