[FM Discuss] Comment Press Experiment with FM

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Sun Jan 30 07:46:10 PST 2011

hi all,

Just a quick post to the FM list about a wee experiment FM labs are
trying out. As you know we just released 'An Open Web':
http://openweb.flossmanuals.net/

Well, to try and get more www action and comments on the book I
implemented the comment press plugin and copied An Open Web to there.
You can see it at:
http://comment.flossmanuals.net/

This is just an experiment at the moment. If it works well I think we
could feature a new manual regularly - if someone is working on
something we could load the manual here and ask for comments. Feature
the manual so to speak. There are plenty in the world that prefer to
comment than edit..much more so....so it could be an interesting
experiment.

Both Aco and I would prefer an integrated solution - integrating Comment
Press into booki, but it might be that if we want this functionality we
have to build it into Booki. I would prefer we try and work with an
existing solution but its not always easy so we may end up in the end
building our own (sigh)...

anyways...try it out and let us know...

adam
(I also cc'ed bob stein the mind behind comment press and the future of
the book institute on this mail)

--
vote for booki in the Open Web Awards!

Booki (the latest FM project - http://www.booki.cc - a collaborative
publishing platform) is in the final of the Open Web Awards.
Great! We are 1 of 3 projects. If we win we get 5000 which we will use
to do a code sprint on a tropical island somewhere ;)

please please please register :
http://www.drumbeat.org/user/register

and vote for us by visiting this page and clicking on the 'vote' link (top right):
http://www.drumbeat.org/project/open-web-publishing

and pass this around!!!! :)

Adam Hyde
Founder FLOSS Manuals &