[FM Discuss] public view deprecated

joachim heintz jh at joachimheintz.de
Sun Jan 30 10:15:30 PST 2011

hi -

sorry if i missed some discussions here - i just saw that
http://booki.flossmanuals.net/csound/ does not show any more the manual
in the write stadium. as far as i see, everyone has to sign in who wants
to see the csound floss manual.

this is a problem for me/us, by two reasons:
1) the manual is not yet finished, so i wanted to wait until spring to
publish it.
2) i inserted the link to http://booki.flossmanuals.net/csound/ into
many documents, for instance the new version of the QuteCsound
application (all the floss manual examples are there, in the examples
menu). now all these links are senseless.

i am not happy with the decision. i'd appreciate if such decisions could
be made in a more democratic, transparent way; at least informing the
maintainers. in my opinion, it should be the decision of the maintainers
if they spread links to "half finished manuals", or not. in the case of
the csound manual, i found it useful to offer a possibility for anyone
to look at the "half finished manual": teasing people in, providing some
finished chapters. i got some good feedback because of this possibility.

	joachim