[FM Discuss] public view deprecated

Tuukka Hastrup Tuukka.Hastrup at iki.fi
Sun Jan 30 10:53:57 PST 2011

joachim heintz wrote:
> sorry if i missed some discussions here - i just saw that
> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/csound/ does not show any more the manual
> in the write stadium. as far as i see, everyone has to sign in who wants
> to see the csound floss manual.

Rationale from the page linked: "-- we do not want software users to be
misled by half finished manuals." How about making it clear that the
manual is just a draft instead of making access to it more difficult?
For instance, there could be a background that repeats the word "draft"
in big letters, and all headings could have "draft:" prepended to them.

"To access the UNSTABLE read-only version of a manual please -- use the
'view' link on the edit interface --" In addition to requiring a login,
this interface is per-chapter only. I found it useful to have access to
a single-page version of the full manuscript.