[FM Discuss] sugar/olpc people...

Janet Swisher jmswisher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 15:39:52 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 10:09, James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Edward,
>>
>> I did use Babel Fish one chapter at a time.  I found it better than
>> Google Translate because Google puts both the English and the Spanish
>> on the page so that when the mouse flies over a paragraph you see the
>> original English in a tooltip.  Babel Fish does not do that.
>
> I know how to get around the Google tooltips issue. I'll run a few
> tests and report the results.

I've been using Google Translate as an aide in translating the
Processing manual from French to English. It works at the phrase or
sentence level, rather than word by word, which is very good. But
sometimes it gets completely confused and needs human help.

I haven't tried to have it translate a whole chapter at a time.
Rather, I've used it for bits and pieces as I go.

--Janet