[FM Discuss] E-Book Enlightenment to be published late this afternoon

adam adam at flossmanuals.net
Sat Jul 9 00:38:18 PDT 2011

james...

so. the notice you sent can be seen many places. first
on your own profile page:
http://booki.flossmanuals.net/accounts/nicestep/

then on the front page of booki.fm (in the announce tab):
http://booki.flossmanuals.net/

and then also if anyone is following the 'hashtag' #announce the message
also appears on their profile page as it does for me:

http://booki.flossmanuals.net/accounts/adam/

lastly, anyone following you or the hashtag will see the message on
their profile page and they may also get an *email*. It is possible that
anyone following you or the announce hashtag would get an email if they
had changed their settings to enable this. By default everyone gets only
direct messages to their email inbox ( if you had sent the message with
the direct message syntax @[username] eg. @JanetSwisher) but you can
control this from the 'my settings' page. The syntax is obscure but in
the 'notification filter' you can put (separated by space):
@* - block emails for direct messages to you
#* - block messages from hashtags you are following
!* - block group messages from groups you belong to
~* - block messages form people you are following
ℬ* - block messages from boosk you are following

messages can contain any number of direct message, group message
directives etc in the same message. For example:

'Audacity manual published to lulu...cool new cover :) @nicestep
#announce !audio #radio #podcasting !espanol'

would go to you (your profile page and an email), the frontpage, the
profile pages of all those belonging to the group 'audio' AND the front
page of that group (see http://booki.flossmanuals.net/groups/mozilla/ or
http://booki.flossmanuals.net/groups/circumvention-tools-translations/),
the hashtag homepages (eg -
http://booki.flossmanuals.net/messaging/tags/talk ...needs formatting)
of #announce and #radio AND all those following those tags, AND to the
group 'espanol'....

you cna see what we are trying to do i think...we are trying to get
lines of communication 'self forming' and working how you want them. The
mailing list is good but its very centralised and best for certain types
of info...its not so good for aiding collaboration, at least not as good
as the new messaging system...

http://www.flossmanuals.net
http://www.booki.cc
http://www.booksprints.net