[FM Discuss] E-Book Enlightenment to be published late this afternoon

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Sat Jul 9 00:57:05 PDT 2011

these instructions & explanations are all great - but also easy to
forget ;)  let's document them somewhere ... would it be appropriate to
include it in the booki user guide, or do we need an FM interface manual?

h : )

On 9/07/11 9:38 AM, adam wrote:
> james...
>
> so. the notice you sent can be seen many places. first
> on your own profile page:
> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/accounts/nicestep/
>
> then on the front page of booki.fm (in the announce tab):
> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/
>
> and then also if anyone is following the 'hashtag' #announce the
> message also appears on their profile page as it does for me:
>
> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/accounts/adam/
>
> lastly, anyone following you or the hashtag will see the message on
> their profile page and they may also get an *email*. It is possible
> that anyone following you or the announce hashtag would get an email
> if they had changed their settings to enable this. By default everyone
> gets only direct messages to their email inbox ( if you had sent the
> message with the direct message syntax @[username] eg. @JanetSwisher)
> but you can control this from the 'my settings' page. The syntax is
> obscure but in the 'notification filter' you can put (separated by
> space):
> @* - block emails for direct messages to you
> #* - block messages from hashtags you are following
> !* - block group messages from groups you belong to
> ~* - block messages form people you are following
> ℬ* - block messages from boosk you are following
>
> messages can contain any number of direct message, group message
> directives etc in the same message. For example:
>
> 'Audacity manual published to lulu...cool new cover :) @nicestep
> #announce !audio #radio #podcasting !espanol'
>
> would go to you (your profile page and an email), the frontpage, the
> profile pages of all those belonging to the group 'audio' AND the
> front page of that group (see
> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/groups/mozilla/ or
> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/groups/circumvention-tools-translations/),
> the hashtag homepages (eg -
> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/messaging/tags/talk ...needs formatting)
> of #announce and #radio AND all those following those tags, AND to the
> group 'espanol'....
>

> you cna see what we are trying to do i think...we are trying to get
> lines of communication 'self forming' and working how you want them.
> The mailing list is good but its very centralised and best for certain
> types of info...its not so good for aiding collaboration, at least not
> as good as the new messaging system...
>

> adam
>
> adam

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
helen at creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.avatarbodycollision.org
http://www.upstage.org.nz