[FM Discuss] strange error when generating the epub from booki

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:36:50 PDT 2011

Ana,

I remember the problem with getting the whole book as one web page.

As for the table of contents, if you get the EPUB of the book from
archive.org and unzip it you'll see that it has a page that is not in the
EPUB generated by OBJAVI.  This is a hand crafted table of contents page.
That's what I was referring to.

If the file names are a distraction, you might rename them in the generated
EPUB using the program Sigil:

http://code.google.com/p/sigil/

This should preserve any internal links.  So you could download CHUAS from
archive.org in EPUB format, load it into Sigil, rename the chapter files,
then unzip the resulting archive to get a website with properly named
files.  If that's what you need that's one way to get it.

I'm not in favor of Booki renaming files within itself.  I think it would
cause problems with the software.  There are chapters in my own books where
I changed the name of the chapter and the filename is based on the original
chapter name.  It doesn't bother me.

James Simmons