[FM Discuss] Information needed about setting up booki publisher

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Wed Jul 20 08:09:48 PDT 2011

Hi James,

> I wonder if bookipublisher needs to run on port 80 like OBJAVI does.

It's possible that assumption is hard-coded.

> I'm trying to make a virtual host that uses port 88.

Why not make life easier for yourself, run everything on port 80 and use
different ServerName fields in your VirtualHost directives?
objavi.example.com, bookipub.example.com and so on:

<VirtualHost *:80>
      DocumentRoot /var/www/objavi
      ServerName objavi.example.com
      DirectoryIndex index.php
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
      DocumentRoot /var/www/bookipub
      ServerName bookipub.example.com
      DirectoryIndex index.php
</VirtualHost>

If you don't have DNS available you can set up names (e.g. for
localhost) in your /etc/hosts file:

127.0.1.1       objavi.example.com      objavi
127.0.1.1       bookipub.example.com    bookipub

> It seems to be

Have you confirmed that PHP is actually installed and working? On
Debian/Ubuntu you can enable the PHP Apache module with the command:

$ sudo a2enmod php5

You may also find it useful to create a simple phpinfo page:

http://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/764/How+can+I+create+a+phpinfo.php+page%3F#gs

This should highlight any missing PHP modules.

Cheers!

Daniel