[FM Discuss] some news and things

adam adam at flossmanuals.net
Sun Jul 3 04:57:55 PDT 2011

On 07/01/2011 07:16 PM, Janet Swisher wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Daniel James
> <daniel.james at sourcefabric.org>  wrote:
>> Hi Adam,
>>
>>> FM will be collaborating with Google Summer of Code to
>>> do a Doc Camp. This will happen just before the GSoC Mentors Summit and
>>> will be held at the Google HQ.
>>
>> Wooooo! Congratulations :-)
>>

> This is great! The GSOC guidelines have always emphasized code over
> docs, which I think is shortsighted. Who will participate?

thanks :) anyone can participate. there will be a call out for
applications. something like 3-5 projects will be selected for doing a
'quick start' sprint. these will be selected from gsoc applications.
then there will also be a call for individuals. 25 people to participate
it total plus me and 2 guest speakers. its a mix of unconference and
sprint. anyone can apply as an individual to come. there will also the
possibility to apply for travel to be covered (food/accom will be
covered)...

adam