[FM Discuss] translation zone help with chinese translation of Digital Foundations

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Mon Jul 25 08:01:11 PDT 2011

Hi Michael,

> Any action on the translation bug that is stalling all translation work?
>
> http://booki-dev.flossmanuals.net/ticket/496

Not as far as I know.

At the risk of repeating myself today, these kind of issues do highlight
that Booki and Flossmanuals need some formal, properly-funded
organisation to back them up.

Adam has done a great job, but I know from my own project experience
that it's not easy to support the needs of a world-wide user community
with a small team of volunteers. If the code is not widely deployed or
understood outside of the original team, it's even harder to scale that
support. I could understand anyone wanting to take a step back from that
responsibility, but we all love flossmanuals too much to let it wither
away :-)

Cheers!

Daniel