[FM Discuss] feedback on the fm (booki) workflow

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Fri Jun 10 06:08:20 PDT 2011

Hi Adam,

I also experience the 'empty editor window' bug on a regular basis, my
work-around is to log out and log back in, but it's frustrating to have
to do that.

Regarding cover images, there needs to be a front cover/spine/back cover
PDF for real printing, as well as a static image for the first page of
e-books. This is because we need an EAN-13 barcode on the back cover of
a printed manual for book stores and libraries to be able to scan the
ISBN. (You can make EAN-13 barcodes as SVG files in Inkscape).

On the wishlist, I would like to have a side-by side translation tool -
original text on one side, work in progress translation on the other.
There would be a button to fill the translation window with an
auto-translation from Google or wherever, which the translator could
then correct with reference to the original text. I think the Booki edit
window is narrow enough to accomplish this dual-window layout in a
widescreen monitor.

Cheers!

Daniel