[FM Discuss] Subject: Re: more feedback please :)

Valerie Taylor vtaylor at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:33:38 PDT 2011

> interesting...you mean content would be imported into
> booki or just go
> straight to the book formatted pdf (etc)?

Whatever works. If it went directly to booki as a PDF would the
document still be available in all the e-publishing formats?

I love WikiEducator for collaborative writing and basic formatting.
Unfortunately it is very difficult to figure out what is "done" and
ready for others to use. There is a mechanism to "publish" from
WikiEducator into cnx.org but the audience and the materials for
cnx.org are higher education and aren't what I think of for replacing
K-12 textbooks.

Booki provides a really good user interface for educators looking for
completed textbook-equivalents. Keep this as the go-to place for great
textbooks.