[FM Discuss] Strange problems with PDF of Spanish version of MYOSA

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 17:20:03 PDT 2011

Ana,

I've looked at the book some more.  Some comments:

1).  Every image used in the book needs to be uploaded to that same
book.  You can't link to images outside the book.  It will *look* OK
when you're editing, but the book will not publish correctly, either
to the web or to PDF or EPUB.  I think the chapters you worked on did
this OK but some of your collaborators didn't realize this.

2).  There is extra style information in the pages probably caused by
editing in Word.  Some of this is harmless, but the only way you're
going to know is by creating a PDF with the default styles and looking
at each page.  Some of the style stuff is definitely harmful!

3).  There are no bios for you and your team in the "About The
Authors" chapter.  People want to know who you are!  Don't feel you
need to make your bio as silly as mine is, but put something there.

4).  When I post this to the Internet Archive and the Kindle Store I'm
going to want to have a Spanish description for the book.  Could you
please provide one?  Feel free to come up with your own description,
or if you don't want to do that translate what I'm using here:

http://www.amazon.com/Make-Your-Sugar-Activities-ebook/dp/B0050VAHKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1305432542&sr=1-1

I have fixed up some problems with the book and may continue to do
that as time permits, but since I don't know Spanish I can't be
trusted to do all the fix-ups.  The key thing is to put the editor in
HTML mode for each chapter and look for stuff that doesn't belong.

Thanks,

James Simmons