[FM Discuss] Strange problems with PDF of Spanish version of MYOSA

ana.cichero ana.cichero at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 19:08:34 PDT 2011

I ve read Gonzalo's mail, just came... too tired to look at it now.

Too much copy paste.
Next time we will check html syntax previously...

somebody should implement a brush function.
dev-dev-dev
=_|_=

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 9:20 PM, James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ana,
>
> I've looked at the book some more.  Some comments:
>
> 1).  Every image used in the book needs to be uploaded to that same
> book.  You can't link to images outside the book.  It will *look* OK
> when you're editing, but the book will not publish correctly, either
> to the web or to PDF or EPUB.  I think the chapters you worked on did
> this OK but some of your collaborators didn't realize this.
>
> 2).  There is extra style information in the pages probably caused by
> editing in Word.  Some of this is harmless, but the only way you're
> going to know is by creating a PDF with the default styles and looking
> at each page.  Some of the style stuff is definitely harmful!
>
> 3).  There are no bios for you and your team in the "About The
> Authors" chapter.  People want to know who you are!  Don't feel you
> need to make your bio as silly as mine is, but put something there.
>
> ok

> 4).  When I post this to the Internet Archive and the Kindle Store I'm
> going to want to have a Spanish description for the book.  Could you
> please provide one?

I will

> Feel free to come up with your own description,
> or if you don't want to do that translate what I'm using here:
>

> http://www.amazon.com/Make-Your-Sugar-Activities-ebook/dp/B0050VAHKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1305432542&sr=1-1
>
> I have fixed up some problems with the book and may continue to do
> that as time permits, but since I don't know Spanish I can't be
> trusted to do all the fix-ups.  The key thing is to put the editor in
> HTML mode for each chapter and look for stuff that doesn't belong.

Thanks,

Hope to do this between now and tomorrrow!

I was here today  http://conozcoejemplo.wordpress.com  people finds it too
hard but they follow it, I think it is the 3rd time I try to teach this.
Pupils are mostly teachers, primary and secondary, some (10) knew not the
ConozcoUruguay.xo, none (-1)  had ever opened Terminal before.   My task is
to take out fear, one of them told later she couldn t face writing on the
console that she felt unsecure. I try to push them reminding them their
request of good spelling to their pupils. We teachers are hard to sit down
in class,

Buen fin de semana:) Raining at home

James Simmons