[FM Discuss] Strange problems with PDF of Spanish version of MYOSA

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 21:45:52 PDT 2011

Gonzalo,

I fixed the Table Of Contents myself.  There are still many other
problems, like missing pictures and subheadings in the wrong place,
etc.  Basically we have to get the picturs inside the Booki project,
and we have to strip out any extra style information (which means all
of it.  For this book there should be no style info in the pages
themselves).  I saw one chapter, don't remember which, where every
single word was in its own <span>.  Using MS Word for HTML is deadly.
I would only remove this kind of thing if it clearly hurts the PDF,
but there are cases where it does.

Speaking of the Table Of Contents, when you create the PDF it prompts
you for what that should be called, defaulting to the English word.
I'll need to know the Spanish equivalent.  I'm going to be generating
the PDF with a custom style sheet that makes the print readable.  You
can use the default for proofing.

James Simmons