[FM Discuss] Really expensive paperback MYOSA!

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Wed Jun 29 08:11:01 PDT 2011

Hi James,

> I have to do something about this because it hurts the credibility of
> the book to have a ridiculous listing like this on the site.

In practical terms it does no harm if your book is offered at $20 and
$150, because no-one will buy it at $150 if it is also available for
$20. It does more harm if the author lists the book at $20 and some book
warehouse lists it at $1, because then the author loses out.

In this case, I wonder if the seller is using Amazon to artificially
inflate the value of its inventory (e.g. if they have the only copy,
their bot automatically lists it at 10x the price, on the basis that
someone somewhere must want it badly).

Cheers!

Daniel