[FM Discuss] Really expensive paperback MYOSA!

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 11:39:48 PDT 2011

Adam,

The deal with Kessenger is that they create printed books out of
submissions to the Internet Archive.  Chances are the books they are
printing are based on my very own submission to the Internet Archive.
I'm perfectly OK with that.  Where I have a problem is that Amazon
doesn't seem to care if the work is really in the public domain if
Kessenger is publishing it, but *does* care if I publish it.  It is
reasonably likely that it is in the public domain, and I gave them
what proof I could.  However, I'll bet that Kessenger was never asked
for the same proof.

The big problem I have with Origin selling my book for $150 is that
they didn't bother to post a cover image for it.  This means that in
some listings the book shows up with no cover image, even though the
Kindle book has one.

What would be really nice is if Amazon would list the Lulu title.
That would give their customers two good ways to find the book, with
two cover images.  The $150 title would be much less annoying then.

James Simmons