[FM Discuss] more feedback please :)

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:57:54 PDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 03:58, John Curwood
<marketing at lovinglearning.co.nz> wrote:
> Booki does have the History tab, which allows you to view every version of a
> chapter, and logs who saved that version.
> There is a compare side by side option, but it would be great if it would
> look like the compare side by side function in the old FM, at the moment,
> all you see is HTML code.

Maybe with the diffs in colour? eg: new content in red, deleted content in blue?

cheers
L.

> John
> On 17/06/2011, at 1:33 AM, Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra wrote:
>
> Interesting. As a maintener we receive a kind of track.
> Do you already have this experience ?
> Elisa
>

> 2011/6/16 helen varley jamieson <helen at creative-catalyst.com>
>>
>> yes this would be good :)
>>
>> On 16/06/11 2:02 PM, mick fuzz wrote:
>>
>> Ok, this is probably a big ask but here goes; Track changes.
>>
>> It would be great to have a track changes page which shows track changes
>> in the same way a word processor does, ie to the right of the text for a
>> certain amount of past revisions based on who has made those revisions is
>> something that has come up a couple of times when I've invited people to get
>> involved.
>>
>> This could be linked with some kind of way of looking at how many people
>> have read and edited a section to show how much it has been peer-reviewed.
>>
>> nice one
>> Mick

>> --
>>
>> helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
>> helen at creative-catalyst.com
>> http://www.creative-catalyst.com
>> http://www.avatarbodycollision.org
>> http://www.upstage.org.nz

Next to analysis, communication skills must count among the most
important for future masters of the universe. To their credit,
business schools do stress these skills, and force their students to
engage in make-believe presentations to one another. On the whole,
however, management education has been less than a boon for those who
value free and meaningful speech. M.B.A.s have taken obfuscatory
jargon—otherwise known as bullshit—to a level that would have made
even the Scholastics blanch. As students of philosophy know, Descartes
dismantled the edifice of medieval thought by writing clearly and
showing that knowledge, by its nature, is intelligible, not obscure.
- The Management Myth, by Matthew Stewart
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/print/2006/06/the-management-myth/4883/