[FM Discuss] help to translate

John Curwood marketing at lovinglearning.co.nz
Wed Nov 2 10:48:40 PDT 2011

Hi Wille,

Start by creating an account at Booki.
Once you have logged in, click the My Manuals link in the menu on the left.
At the bottom of the My Manuals page, you will see an Import Manual heading.
For the Import type, select import Booki from the drop-down list.
For the source, enter the URL for open street map:
http://booki.flossmanuals.net/openstreetmap/
Under title enter something similar to what you've suggested below e.g.
OpenStreetMap-pt-br.
Finally click Import and you will see the new manual appear in your
manuals list.

You are ready to begin translation.

Click edit to see the book editing page.
Here you will see a big list of the chapters in the book.
Click the EDIT button next to a chapter to begin translating.
If you wish to see a copy of the original English version of the chapter
while you translate, first click the VIEW button next to a chapter to
view the existing chapter content in a pop-up window, then click the
EDIT button.

If you have any other questions, feel free to drop a line to the list.

Cheers,

John