[FM Discuss] wysiwyg

Janet Swisher jmswisher at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:12:15 PDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 10:15 AM, adam <adam at flossmanuals.net> wrote:

> On 11/04/2011 04:13 PM, Ed Cable wrote:
>
>> +1 to Michael Downey's suggestion on CKEditor - we use that extensively on
>> our mifos.org Drupal site and have been very happy.
>>
>> It's got a nice simple UI and the internal site linking capabilities are
>> great.
>>

> how clean is the html that comes out of it? do you experience any orphaned
> p tags, or anything similar?

I use CKEditor in the wiki I use for my job. I haven't seen orphaned p
tags, but since we updated to a more recent version, I have seen occasional
weirdness with lists (mainly unordered and definitions, since I don't use
many ordered lists). If I switch to source view, I find unnecessary levels
of nesting, and sometimes duplication. I haven't isolated the problem well
enough to file a bug.

On the plus side, CKEditor seems nicely customizable. For example, we added
a toolbar button for applying code formatting.

--Janet