[FM Discuss] wysiwyg

adam adam at flossmanuals.net
Fri Nov 4 16:08:28 PDT 2011

good point...i tried mucking up lists in tinymce and it did a good job
of avoiding bad formatting...if anyone wants to spend some time testing
tinymce this would be great:
http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/full.php

we really want to try and see if the formatting gets bad from abnormal
use ie.
* empty tags
* redundant nested tags (especially with lists)
* miscellaneous strange artifacts

adam

On 11/04/2011 06:12 PM, Janet Swisher wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 10:15 AM, adam<adam at flossmanuals.net>  wrote:
>

>> On 11/04/2011 04:13 PM, Ed Cable wrote:
>>
>>> +1 to Michael Downey's suggestion on CKEditor - we use that extensively on
>>> our mifos.org Drupal site and have been very happy.
>>>
>>> It's got a nice simple UI and the internal site linking capabilities are
>>> great.
>>>

>> how clean is the html that comes out of it? do you experience any orphaned
>> p tags, or anything similar?
>

> I use CKEditor in the wiki I use for my job. I haven't seen orphaned p
> tags, but since we updated to a more recent version, I have seen occasional
> weirdness with lists (mainly unordered and definitions, since I don't use
> many ordered lists). If I switch to source view, I find unnecessary levels
> of nesting, and sometimes duplication. I haven't isolated the problem well
> enough to file a bug.
>
> On the plus side, CKEditor seems nicely customizable. For example, we added
> a toolbar button for applying code formatting.
>
> --Janet

Founder, FLOSS Manuals
Project Manager, Booki
Book Sprint Facilitator