[FM Discuss] Thunderbird update sprint finished

Scott Nesbitt nesbitt.scott at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 18:30:06 PST 2011

I like the idea of the localized meetups. They offer an opportunity not
only to get some good work done, but to give FLOSS Manuals a bit more
profile. Depending on where "local" is, there are potentially a lot of
spaces available to hold the event. For me, a visit to the Mozilla offices
in Vancouver would be killing two birds with one stone ...

And when collaborating with a bigger project -- like Mozilla -- it's always
good to have some people from that project involved (whether locally or
virtually). In the Thunderbird update sprint, and the sprint to create the
manual, the participants in Toronto were grateful for the help that Jen,
Roland, and Blake from Mozilla gave us.

I wouldn't mind organizing more of these, whether in Toronto or my next
port of call. I have a couple of ideas for two-day sprint that I hope to
organize and run sometime in early 2012 -- more details to come.

Scott