[FM Discuss] Draft of Data Journalism Handbook written in 48 hours

Adam Thomas adam.thomas at sourcefabric.org
Sun Nov 13 12:00:35 PST 2011

Hi all,

 > > its free content:)
 > >
 > > shall we copy it into fm or ask first?
copy it in and then let them know would be my advice...

I was at the session and encouraged them to transfer the book over to
booki.cc - it's there hidden in its skeleton form at the moment; the
reason its not there in full was that they didn't want to migrate
platforms in the middle of a sprint.

Their main reasons for not wanting to use Booki as a platform was not a
full appreciation of its features - after explanation, everyone I spoke
to was impressed and wanted to make the move.

I think it would be more beneficial to reach out to the #ddjbook writers
and community and help them with the migration (teaching them about
Booki in the process) rather than doing it for them and then consulting
them after the fact.

Best, Adam T