[FM Discuss] Draft of Data Journalism Handbook written in 48 hours

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:26:59 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 07:00, Adam Thomas <adam.thomas at sourcefabric.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Their main reasons for not wanting to use Booki as a platform was not a full
> appreciation of its features - after explanation, everyone I spoke to was
> impressed and wanted to make the move.
>
> I think it would be more beneficial to reach out to the #ddjbook writers and
> community and help them with the migration (teaching them about Booki in the
> process) rather than doing it for them and then consulting them after the
> fact.

Sounds goo to me - how can we reach out to them? Can you Adam? There
is very little content up, and only ~5 slides on the bitly address you
can find in doc...but people are interested. I mentioned it to Tim
Harford and Ben Goldacre yesterday via twitter and they both noted it
- there's a huge want for it amongst the journo crowd

cheers
L.