[FM Discuss] Subscribing to Book Edits?

Daniel James daniel.james at sourcefabric.org
Tue Nov 1 03:11:44 PDT 2011

Hi Adam,

> highlighted diffs with no apparent changes are diffs highlighting
> changes in mark-up (html tags) eg. changing two br tags to a single p
> tag etc
>
> there is a reason for showing these, not sure if its a good reason, but
> there is one :)

I agree, changes in markup which do not appear to affect the HTML when
viewed in a browser can affect the PDF output. We've often had to go
back and fix inconsistent use of HTML to fix PDF layout issues.

What I'd suggest is that in the CSS for highlighting diffs, changes to
markup are shown with a different highlight colour, compared to changes
in text or image content. I suppose one way to detect that would be if
the diff starts and ends with an angle bracket.

Cheers!

Daniel