[FM Discuss] viva la booki revolution

Andy Nicholson intothemist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:22:23 PST 2012

On 15/02/12 01:10, adam wrote:
> hi,
>
> as you know FM has been involved in building a Open Source
> collaborative book production platform for the last 2 years. We
> recently formed an alliance with Sourcefabric (Berlin based Open
> Source company) to develop it further.
>
> So today is the day Booki has been renamed and had a lot of work on
> it. Its now called Booktype and the demo is now here:
> http://booktype-demo.sourcefabric.org/
>
> The site is here:
> http://www.booktype.org
>
> Its pretty much the same thing but stronger, faster, better, more
>
> We will upgrade fm and booki.cc with the new sources soon. In the
> meantime there is a new manual on FM for Booktype although it needs
> some love. if anyone would like to jump in please do! The manual needs
> to be improved a lot and all help welcome
>
> http://booki.flossmanuals.net/booktype/_edit/
>

> adam

hey

Awesome - i have to mention it though - Booki/BookType seems very lax
with the usual practice of maintaining version number releases. This is
standard practice, helps people who download it report bugs, and is easy
to do.

Standard practice is that you would update the files in the distro, even
make a branch/tag in the version control system (github) for each
numbered release. That never seems to happen? Any reason?

For instance it seems implied that this release is now "1.5" (only
mentioned on the download button at sourcefabric)- is that right?
Doesn't seem mentioned anyway in the source code though .. (CHANGES.txt,
README.txt ???)
Come on - this is easy ....

Andy