[FM Discuss] Beautiful Trouble is a book and web toolbox

adam adam at flossmanuals.net
Mon Jun 25 08:57:36 PDT 2012

I have been in touch with them (met them for lunch) and while they are
nice I found that they were not interested in collaborating or joining
the discourse around book sprints. I was very disappointed because thy
got the methods from us
http://www.phillipadsmith.com/2011/06/a-beautiful-book-sprint-for-beautiful-trouble-tips-on-collaboratively-writing-a-book.html

but they didnt want to join the book sprint mailing list and extend the
dialog and input what they learned. i left with the feelign they wanted
to 'go it alone'

adam

On 06/25/2012 05:50 PM, Mick Fuzz wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Someone told me about this book.
>
> /Beautiful Trouble/ is a book and web toolbox that puts the accumulated
> wisdom of decades of creative protest into the hands of the next
> generation of change-makers.
>
> http://beautifultrouble.org/
>
> It's a very interesting book in terms on content and layout, also they
> have used a book sprint methodology and are looking to keep up to date
> resources online too.
>
> I was wondering if anyone on the list has contact with these lot as I
> would have thought that they would be interested in Book Type and our
> methodology.
>
> I've got hold of a pdf of it and although the website doesn't appear to
> offer a free download it is under a creative commons license - so I
> guess it's fine to forward this link to a download. Obviously, do chip
> in if you want to on the website.
>
> I don't really want to do that unless is ok, so I'll allow some time for
> objections.
>
> nice one
> Mick
>
> ps.
> This project is not to be confused with
> https://*beautifultroublepublishing*.com/
> /Publishers/ of the most adventurous and daring erotic romance novels
> and eBooks on the net!

Founder, FLOSS Manuals
Project Manager, Booki
Book Sprint Facilitator