[FM Discuss] update of site

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Tue Jun 19 08:01:21 PDT 2012

I am not sure...

I tested all kinds of commenting systems on the Bookipublisher side and
there really was very little feedback...

Then again the English site has a lot more readers/contributors, which
means that there would be a lot more comments.

The easiest way to do something like this would be to just copy the code of
IntenseDebate into the templates: http://intensedebate.com/

Now the problem with IntenseDebate is that while it comes from the
WordPress world, I quite simply could not figure out what the license
actually is!

This is actually the problem with all social media plugins like this. A
person who is doing a book about social media licenses in teaching said
that it is mostly irrelevant from the viewpoint of open source, but I
dunno... I am still not sure if it would make sense to use something like
that in an open source site.

Then again, if you look at other Finnish open source sites, they pretty
much use whatever happens to be practical. Like the Centre for Open Source
Solutions uses all kinds of social media plugins:
http://coss.fi/fsfe-edistamaan-julkisten-it-hankintojen-tasapuolisuutta/

2012/6/18 adam <adam at flossmanuals.net>

> hi
>
> Mark and I will continue to work on the upgrade and integrate the patches
> tomi sent. its taking just a little longer as we have some harsh timezone
> differences to manage ;)
>
> i was thinking though...how about a forum connected to each book? this
> would be for community com around the book. we could use some django
> forums...any thoughts?
>

> adam

> Adam Hyde
> Founder, FLOSS Manuals