[FM Discuss] Basic Internet Security translation?

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Tue Jun 19 10:41:34 PDT 2012

Hey,

The GIMP manual was outdated before the translation project went anywhere.
So now the next option would be to translate the Basic Internet Security
manual: http://en.flossmanuals.net/basic-internet-security/

The background to this is that a Finnish journalist published a book about
Internet and Freedom (http://www.intokustannus.fi/kirja/verkko_ja_vapaus/),
which covered a lot of the stuff included in the Basic Internet Security
manual, but didn't contain any more specific technical information about
anything. So based on our conversations something like this would be
urgently needed in the Finnish language.

So what I would like to ask from the participants of that booksprint is...

Do you think that the manual is currently up to date? Is there a need to
update anything? People have been updating it quite recently and the
version imported into the Finnish site contains the updates... So it is
probably OK to just translate straight on?

Are the participating organizations in some international networks, so that
it would be possible to approach the local branch when the time comes to
update the translation?

--
Best Regards
Tomi Toivio