[FM Discuss] Basic Internet Security translation?

Mick Fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Mon Jun 25 01:49:31 PDT 2012

On 19/06/12 23:08, sacha wrote:
> Hi Tomi,
>
> I was one of the original team of the basic internet security book.
> The book is just over a year old, and some parts are updated. At this
> point in time I should get rid of the pgp and webmail chapter, also
> the mobile devices chapters should get care although I would suggest
> moving them to a different title al together.

hi there sacha

I've made contact with a couple of people who are keeping security in a
box up to date.
https://*security*.ngoina*box*.org/

they are now recommending gpg4usb
as an alternative to webmail for copy and paste ease.
I wonder if there is an equivalent for linux, I know that tails has an
applet that does something similar.

Anyway - maybe it would be good to replace the webmail chapter with
something along those lines for people that don't want to do
thunderbird. I could help input if needed.

hope you are good
MIck