[FM Discuss] pdf preflight

cedric.gemy at gmail.com cedric.gemy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 14:07:20 PDT 2013

It might be better to have a better tool, that none. But i really think
that in 3 days, really little things can be done.
If PODOFO or GNUPDF guys (that have been fonded by FSF several months)
told me that  there library was to weak to do this, i'm not sure a such
little app coudl do it right.

But as Objavi PDFs are "so" bad (see all the mails complaining and mine
last years with all test reports), it could be a good option to know
which way to put efforts on improvements. Apart from pdf-preflight, do
we really need a new software or just improve what we have?
Another point : is it time to put so much effort in a PDF testing tool
now that it has epub as competitor ?

Cedric