[FM Discuss] Modifying Bookipublisher

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Thu Mar 21 08:24:18 PDT 2013

2013/3/21 Mick - Floss Manuals <mick at flossmanuals.net>:

> For people that are interested in this, let's sketch out some ideas here.
> https://pad.riseup.net/p/bookipublishernomore

Well, it would probably make more sense to add the front end straight
to Booktype.

If it needs a separate front end, my suggestion is to create a
WordPress plugin which might be called... The WordPress Booktype
Publisher Plugin. I am heavily biased since currently I just happen to
work a lot on WordPress projects. But it does make sense since most FM
sites would probably use WordPress as a news blog and have it
installed. Additionally WordPress is currently the most popular CMS
platform. But I am just selfishly suggesting the platform that would
be the easiest for me to tweak around.

Finnish site cannot use the same shop as the English site. Finnish
site should use this local print on demand publisher instead of
Lulu.com: http://www.bod.fi/ I don't think there is any need to use an
API or anything, it could even be a static page with links to the
bookshop.

--
Best Regards
Tomi Toivio