[FM Discuss] Updating translated manuals

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Fri Mar 22 06:26:41 PDT 2013

Hi,

This is an old question, but how should we handle the updating of
manuals in multiple languages?

For an example I have been staring at the Etherape visualization of
the network connections on my computer. Say I wanna write a little
chapter about Etherape for the Internet Security manual.

My feeling is that I should update the English manual and translate
the new material into Finnish. It wouldn't make sense to update only
the Finnish translation.

What do you think? I think that updates should go to the original
version. But there will be some chaos, since contributors will update
whatever they want.

--
Best Regards
Tomi Toivio