[FM Discuss] State of the english Flossmanuals

Marvin Scholz epirat07 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:57:05 PDT 2015

On 17 Jun 2015, at 20:42, Mick FM wrote:

> I personally don't think it's good for FM as really we want to lower
> barriers to writing docs, so having to use git, or mark up doesn't
> really fit the bill.

Hey, well to be honest I think the opposite is the case. Most people
writing technical
documentation would prefer a markup language like Markdown instead of a
WYSIWG editor.
A lot of sites do a "best of both worlds" solution by having an editor
that has buttons for
most common formatting and inserts the correct Markdown.

I mean if I get it right, it's mostly about open source software, and I
think people that
have enough understanding to write those, know how to use Markdown or,
if they prefer, HTML.
I agree that having a WYSIWYG Editor is nice, but I would definitely
find it much easier if
I could switch to a Markdown editor in account settings or such as I
prefer to use Markdown
or even HTML over a graphical editor.